Birth and postpartum affirmations have the power to help you cope and give you subconscious strength. There are so many different words surrounding birth and parenthood. They don’t all have to be negative. Equip yourself with positive phrases that build your confidence and release fear. The words we tell ourselves can make a difference in our most vulnerable moments. Positive birth affirmations are an accessible tool that you can have in your labor and postpartum toolkit to remind you of your strength and capabilities.
I Am Blooming Affirmation Cards are a collection of 25 birth affirmations designed for birthing people and parents in postpartum. These affirmation cards feature hand-drawn illustrations and positive affirmations that were intuitively created. They are a distinct and thoughtful gift for yourself or for anyone you know who is a new parent or parent-to-be.
Birth affirmations don’t work unless you do!
Start reading these words every day. Copy them and display them in areas that you frequent.
- Shuffle the cards and choose one that stands out to you or select a card that reflects an area where you currently need positive reinforcement. You can also choose to read through the entire deck.
- Read the card aloud and think about each word. Visualize the words.
- Reflect on what you are reading and think about each affirmation as an action, not a thought.
- Repeat The Affirmation(s) 3-5 times.
- If needed, carry the card with you or place it in a place that is highly visible.
Birth Affirmation Activities
- Pick an affirmation and reflect on what the words mean to you in your journal.
- Turn your affirmation practice into a ritual. Read the cards aloud in the mirror and speak the words into existence.
- Art activity: Select an affirmation and use it as the basis for an art piece. What does this affirmation make you feel? What feelings arise?
Dimensions: 2.6in x 3.6in, 25 cards in a pouch for easy transport.