Affirmations have the power to change your mindset and help you empower yourself by providing positive reinforcement and rewriting your internal monologue. Words hold a lot of weight. Especially the ones that we speak to ourselves. Affirmation cards are an easy way to visualize these affirmations and take them with you on your day-to-day.
I Am Magic Affirmation cards are a collection of 25 affirmations designed by a black woman for other Black, Indigenous and Women of Color (BIPOC). They were created to promote self-love and celebration amongst BIWoC. They are a distinct and thoughtful gift for yourself or any women who needs to be reminded that she is strong, special and deserves to be celebrated.
*Featured in the October 2017 & 2019 Black Butterfly Subscription Box!
Start reading these words every day. Copy them and display them in areas that you frequent.
- Shuffle the cards and choose one that stands out to you or select a card that reflects an area where you currently need positive reinforcement. You can also choose to read through the entire deck.
- Read the card aloud and think about each word. Visualize the words.
- Reflect on what you are reading and think about each affirmation as an action, not a thought.
- Repeat The Affirmation(s) 3-5 times.
- If needed, carry the card with you or place it in a place that is highly visible.
Affirmation Card Activities
- Pick an affirmation and reflect on what the words mean to you in your journal.
- Turn your affirmation practice into a ritual. Read the cards aloud in the mirror and speak the words into existence.
- Art activity: Select an affirmation and use it as the basis for an art piece. What does this affirmation make you feel? What feelings arise?
Dimensions: 2.6in x 3.6in, 25 cards in a pouch for easy transport.